Carrot RingPrint Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cups white whole wheat flour (8oz, 200g)
- ¼ cup demerara sugar (2oz, 55g)
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup oil, preferably light olive oil
- ½ cup silken tofu
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh, grated carrots
- Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts and ½ c. raisins
1. Spray an 8"x8" bundt pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and put aside.
3. Press the silken tofu to remove some excess liquid.
4. Blend all wet ingredients in a blender until smooth.
5. Stir in the carrots.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
7. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Filippo Berio extra light olive oil can be purchased at Costco for a great price.