Banana LoafPrint Recipe
- 1+ 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour (8oz, 227g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (2oz, 57g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (each about 4 oz)
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg + 1 flax egg)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Optional (but oh so good!) - ½ teaspoon ground cardamom. Add to dry ingredients.
1. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan or place muffin liners in pan for 12 muffins.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Blend the wet ingredients in a blender until smooth.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Do not over mix.
5. Stir in the walnuts.
6. For muffins bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, rotating halfway. For loaf bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
To make a flax egg place 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 5 minutes until gel-like.