Basic PancakesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (6oz, 170g)
- ½ cup toasted oat bran (2oz, 57g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (+ 1 tablespoon to batter if mixture thickens as the first batch cooks)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil, preferably light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, do not over mix.
4. Heat griddle to 325 degrees. If using a frying pan use a low flame.
5. Spray griddle lightly.
6. Ladle batter onto griddle and let it cook until bubbles appear.
7. When bubbles appear flip and cook for one more minute.
Make your own buttermilk: Per cup replace 1 tablespoon of milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes until it curdles.