Blueberry Quinoa MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup (155g) white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup dried quinoa (63g uncooked, 125g cooked)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 c. + 1 tablespoon sugar (70g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. milk (I like coconut but any is fine.)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil (preferably light olive oil or melted coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1.5 cup fresh blueberries
Combine the dry quinoa and water in a small pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 7 minutes or until done.
Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Add cooked quinoa and stir.
Stir together wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
Stir in blueberries.
Scoop into muffin tin.
Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes (rotate pan 180 degrees if using convection oven).